A hand in Video Poker is played as follows:
- A player makes his/hers bet.
- The machine gives the player five cards.
- The players decide which cards to hold on to and which cards to muck.
- The player’s mucked cards are replaced with new ones.
- The player is paid off (or loses the bet) according to the value of his/hers hand.
Major differences between regular and Video Poker
- In Video Poker you play against a machine and not against real people as you do in online poker games.
- The objective of the game is to make high ranking hands rather than to beat other player’s hands. Consequently, bluffing and other strategic concepts do not come into play in Video Poker.
Different kinds of Video Poker
There are many different kinds of Video Poker and each one requires its own strategy. Jacks or Better, Deuces Wild and Jokers Wild are three of the most common playing forms:
- In Jacks or Better a pair of Jacks is the lowing ranking paying hand.
- In Deuces Wild the deuces are wild and can be counted as any card in the deck. For example, this make a hand like Five of a Kind possible.
- In Jokers Wild a Joker is included in the deck. The Joker can be counted as any card in the deck. This makes hands like Five of a Kind and Joker Royal Flush possible.
Remember that some strategic knowledge is very useful when you’re playing Video Poker. If you randomly pick a machine and apply your general poker knowledge, you will surely lose over time. If you want to gain an edge in Video Poker you must know what the best pay tables are for each game, where to find them, and how to play them. Consequently, some research is needed if you want to be a Video Poker winner.
High Stakes poker – Poker 24h7d – LIVE -
Video Poker – Quick Tips
If you like playing video poker, you should have some ides about a strategy for play. This can greatly increase the return on your money. Some games if played well, will ideally give you odds of almost 100 percent return. Here are some quick facts on video poker:
- In video poker the true odds are the same as the odds when playing with a real shuffled deck.
- Some video poker games have positive expectations of the player, but only when a player bets maximum coins and wins a royal flush.
- The chances of winning a royal flush are 1 in 40,000.
- Carefully check the entire play table on the video poker machine, before playing. Some machines play fewer coins on selected hands.
- 9/6 Jack or Better is a hard to find game. Beware of imitation machines!
- When pay table changes,the optimal strategies change. Play the right strategy for a particular video game.