Everyone loves gambling, not only because of the thrill of it or as an avenue to demonstrate some superiority on the vertical of skills but also because there is a possibility of making a lot of money by making a relatively small investment. Poker has been a favorite game for a long time and the advent of video poker in the late 1970s made playing the game possible for even common folks.
What Is Video Poker?
When you play a five card draw poker game against a machine, it is termed as video poker. Almost all the rules of poker remain the same apart from the fact that you do not play against opponents who are human. Conventionally, video poker machines looked like slot machines where in a computer was connected to a central processing unit. Over the years, with technology advancing at the speed of light year, video poker has been transformed as well. Today there are several avenues through which one can play video poker online.
Why Is Video Poker A Huge Favorite?
There are quite a few reasons for that. Unlike what some Hollywood movies might lead you to believe, the world or the entire mainland of the US does not have a casino at every nook and corner of American streets. Sure, Vegas is the place to be and out there on the Strip, you can find more casinos and more video poker machines that you would need but that is only when you get there. Video poker, although made famous on the Strip where the locals had patronized the new money making machine, is a lot different today.
The first reason that makes Video Poker a huge favorite is the extremely low stakes at risk. One can play a game of video poker with a nickel, a quarter or a dollar. This certainly makes Video Poker an even more affordable game than the Lotto. In Lotto, anyone has one in a few million chance of winning which is almost nonexistent, with Video Poker there is a good chance and the odds are much less.
The second reason why Video Poker is a favorite not just in the US but all across the World is that it is discreet for the player. There is no need to sit on a table wearing a scary tuxedo and sipping white wine, people staring at each other with abated breath and a silently cold killing haze – that is a little too much for most people to bear, more so when the stakes are in thousands or at the least hundreds of dollars. With Video Poker, a player easily goes about his game without all the scary hullaballoo.
Video Poker is as much about luck as it is about skills. Bluffing is not what one needs while playing Video Poker. If you have been to casinos then you would know that a newbie or an amateur gambler is intentionally picked up by the waiting predators and is taken for a ride. Hundreds of players, who otherwise could have taken their time to learn poker, walk away from it after losing the money. With Video Poker, there is no bluffing, one can learn the tips and tricks and then start to play. There is no haste and no foul play.
What Do You Need To Know To Make Money On Video Poker?
The first thing that you must know is how to play video poker. Once you know that, there are several books and resources online and some of them are on our site itself which can act as some quick reference guides. You may learn a lot of things from various resources about Video Poker but as the sayings go – help yourself – gambling is a game where this phrase could not be truer. Despite all the information that you may gain, unless you try them out, execute and see the results, the acquired knowledge would mean nothing.
Avoid The Mistakes And Make Money On Video Poker!
Just like any game, Video Poker has a long list of Do’s and Don’ts that have been penned down by experts and professional gamblers. These resources can be very helpful for anyone who is a starter. With time of course one can learn what is not to be done but it may be wise to learn them before committing them.
There are no rules to gambling for anyone to win a fortune but there are various checkpoints that one can develop to ensure that they win on more occasions than losing and if they are losing then they lose within a limit that has been set. Just like any other sport, in Gambling and hence in Video Poker, you would lose some and win some but since the stakes are very low with Video Poker, even if you win one, you make enough money to be happy.
A hand in Video Poker is played as follows:
- A player makes his/hers bet.
- The machine gives the player five cards.
- The players decide which cards to hold on to and which cards to muck.
- The player’s mucked cards are replaced with new ones.
- The player is paid off (or loses the bet) according to the value of his/hers hand.
Major differences between regular and Video Poker
- In Video Poker you play against a machine and not against real people as you do in online poker games.
- The objective of the game is to make high ranking hands rather than to beat other player’s hands. Consequently, bluffing and other strategic concepts do not come into play in Video Poker.
Different kinds of Video Poker
There are many different kinds of Video Poker and each one requires its own strategy. Jacks or Better, Deuces Wild and Jokers Wild are three of the most common playing forms:
- In Jacks or Better a pair of Jacks is the lowing ranking paying hand.
- In Deuces Wild the deuces are wild and can be counted as any card in the deck. For example, this make a hand like Five of a Kind possible.
- In Jokers Wild a Joker is included in the deck. The Joker can be counted as any card in the deck. This makes hands like Five of a Kind and Joker Royal Flush possible.
Remember that some strategic knowledge is very useful when you’re playing Video Poker. If you randomly pick a machine and apply your general poker knowledge, you will surely lose over time. If you want to gain an edge in Video Poker you must know what the best pay tables are for each game, where to find them, and how to play them. Consequently, some research is needed if you want to be a Video Poker winner.
High Stakes poker – Poker 24h7d – LIVE -
Video Poker – Quick Tips
If you like playing video poker, you should have some ides about a strategy for play. This can greatly increase the return on your money. Some games if played well, will ideally give you odds of almost 100 percent return. Here are some quick facts on video poker:
- In video poker the true odds are the same as the odds when playing with a real shuffled deck.
- Some video poker games have positive expectations of the player, but only when a player bets maximum coins and wins a royal flush.
- The chances of winning a royal flush are 1 in 40,000.
- Carefully check the entire play table on the video poker machine, before playing. Some machines play fewer coins on selected hands.
- 9/6 Jack or Better is a hard to find game. Beware of imitation machines!
- When pay table changes,the optimal strategies change. Play the right strategy for a particular video game.